At ESG, we believe in the power nguồn of education lớn lift both individuals và communities to lớn greater opportunity, economic mobility, & prosperity. Education leaders & advocates have a responsibility khổng lồ ensure that education creates the conditions for a more just và equitable society. We are doubling down on our commitment to drive chất lượng education & training opportunities to lớn those who have been traditionally underserved.
Bạn đang xem: Moment of truth: statement of commitment to black lives
Diversity is our strength. As a team, we embrace a strong commitment lớn diversity, equity, inclusion, and ongoing learning. We will not relent in our pursuit of social justice & a màn chơi playing field for students who have been underserved due khổng lồ their race, ethnicity, gender, or socioeconomic background.
Impacting Equity Through Our Work
The issue areas at the core of ESG’s mission have a direct impact on educational & economic equity. We focus our activities, technical assistance, và thought leadership on addressing these major challenges facing students of màu sắc and from low socioeconomic backgrounds.
1. Attainment: Recognizing that postsecondary credentials are increasingly essential for success in today’s economy, most states have set ambitious higher education attainment goals. These goals cannot be met—nor will a state’s economy be successful in the long term— without intentional efforts khổng lồ close longstanding gaps in postsecondary attainment that harm people of màu sắc and from low socioeconomic backgrounds. We work with state & institutional leaders khổng lồ develop and implement strategies that increase rates of attainment for these students.
2. Access to quality Pathways: While possessing a postsecondary degree or credential is crucial for long-term economic mobility, it’s even more important to lớn possess a credential that holds value in the labor market. Too often, people of color, women, and those from low-income backgrounds are disproportionately placed in pathways that lead lớn low-value credentials, leaving them saddled with debt & diminished employment opportunities. We tư vấn systems and states in their efforts to build more robust pathways that enable students to lớn earn in-demand credentials & successfully transition into the workforce.
3. Transition points: The road lớn economic mobility begins long before college graduation. Currently, too many students of màu sắc and from low socioeconomic backgrounds are left behind at key transition points in their K-12 education. At more than 7,000 high schools across the U.S., these individuals have less than a 50 percent chance of enrolling in higher education directly after high school graduation. Our work is focused on developing & scaling strategies to tư vấn students through key transition points from middle và high school to và through postsecondary education, including targeted efforts to lớn help students of màu sắc and from low-income families succeed.
4. Data transparency: Educators, policymakers, and other leaders need good data to inform effective decisionmaking và to direct energy và resources where they’re needed most. Without timely, accurate, disaggregated data, we cannot hope lớn understand the equity problems we face — let alone solve them. We tư vấn states, districts, and partners in developing data capacity và implementing best data practices in their efforts to close gaps and better support underserved students.
5. Diverse leadership: Closing equity gaps requires sustained leadership & input from diverse communities. Representative voices—particularly in leadership roles—matter for progress. We are committed khổng lồ building the capacity of education and workforce leaders và lifting up new leaders that bring diverse perspectives to lớn the field.
Xem thêm: Từ Điển Anh Việt " Struck Là Gì, Struck Nghĩa Là Gì Trong Tiếng Việt
In 2019, Education Strategy Group completed robust assessments of the career preparation systems within both Baltimore city Schools và Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) with a strong focus on analyzing the chất lượng of their career pathway offerings. Recognizing that a shifting labor market means that all students need some amount of postsecondary education or training to achieve economic success, both school systems were admirably committed lớn ensuring that students had access lớn a variety of high-quality pathways that mix them on the road lớn postsecondary opportunities and, ultimately, to lớn good jobs. The results of ESG’s analyses were illuminating, & at times, alarming — particularly in terms of equitable access và outcomes.